|STATUS Analog Audio Mixing Console|
|This product has been discontinued.|
The STATUS-18R is Otari's mid-priced digitally-controlled Analog Production System that features an outstanding automation package, flexible configurations, innovative architecture, familiar interface, and exceptional sonics. All of this at a price point that is unmatched in the industry; STATUS offer more features per dollar than any other console on the market. STATUS is equally at home in a music recording/mixing environment as it is in a TV/film post-production facility or a multi-media production suite.|
Status is the result of over 20 years of field-proven console and automation design. Status is unique in its approach, and provides the user with powerful digital control of analog audio signals in an ergonomic and beautifully presented package. The ability to control all mixing functions from a central digital section is unrivaled even in consoles with a higher price tag. But, user features are just the beginning; Status was designed with the sonic quality as its first and foremost priority a factor that has been confirmed time and again by our worldwide installed base of Status systems.
- Dual-Path Input/Output Module Design: Each physical channel contains two audio paths: one designated "Channel" and the other "Mix." While the Channel Path is normally sourced from either Mic or Line input, the Mix Path is sourced from Group or Tape. Since both the Channel and Mix Paths can be assigned to the Stereo Bus concurrently, a large number of input channels are available during the mix stage. (A 32-channel Status provides 64 complete inputs during mixdown.) The Channel Path is colored green, while the Mix Path is labeled in a purple color. The Channel Path employs a 60 mm fader, while the Mix Path features a 100 mm fader.
- Digital control of analog functions: The Status Control System (SCS) is a powerful computer that manages the console's operation, including the majority of switching functions, audio routing, fader levels and even audio metering. All of this power is provided via the Digital Master Module, located to the right of channel #24. The DMM replaces hundreds of mechanical switches, and allows easy and intuitive and instant control of the module routing and control functions for one, many or all channels.
- VCA & Moving Fader Automation: Featuring Otari's world-famous Eagle, Status can be fitted optionally with Moving Faders on the lower fader bank. Eagle provides timecode-based automation of all fader moves, and most switches.
- Snapshot Automation: Up to 99 console snapshots can be used to store all switch settings and can be triggered to timecode (via Eagle) or MIDI.
- Image Recall: Standard on all Status consoles, the Image Recall system records the position of all pots, switches and fader levels so that their settings can be restored precisely. Nulling LEDs on the channel metering displays indicate the exact position of a stored control.
- Configuration Flexibility: Status can be supplied with more available configuration options than any other console in its class, including:
Four frame sizes (32, 40, 48 modules without patchbay, or 24, 32, 40, 48 modules with patchbay), with short-loading capability.
Mono and Stereo input modules
Optional Moving Faders on lower fader bank (VCA is standard)
Optional Dynamics, including compressor, limiter, gate on Mix Path. (May be user-selected into Channel Path via a dedicated control pane)
Optional PicMix surround-sound monitoring and panning system (can be installed within console frame).
- 12 Record Buses that are split to 24 discrete outputs.
- Four-band EQ: The Channel and Mix Paths share a four-band, state-variable design equalizer section that also includes a HiPass Filter. The two outer bands are shelving filters, continuously adjustable from 1.2 kHz to 18 kHz. The two mid-bands are peak/dip sweep filters with switched selection of two bandwidths (Q). Each of the four bands have a gain range of +/- 15 dB. All EQ bands may be assigned to either the Channel or Mix Path, or pairs of bands split between the two paths. The EQ sections can be switched in or out via a switch in each section, or via the Digital Master Section.
- Eight Auxiliary Send Buses can be accessed from pre/post the Channel or Mix Path. Aux 1/2 is configured as a stereo pair, while all others are mono. Aux 7/8 can either feed Auxiliary Buses 7/8 or the 12 multi-track record buses - thus allowing 12 additional send buses during mixdown. All auxiliary switching functions are under SCS control.
- Eagle Fader/switch Automation: Time-code based automation: dynamic VCA automation of fader levels and switches is provided as standard on both the Channel and Mix paths. Moving Faders may be provided on the Mix path as an option. As an example, a 32 channel Status allows fader and switch automation for 64 channels of audio.
- User-Definable Presets: Status is provided with a number of factory presets such as Record, Mix, Overdub and Broadcast, which allow the user to configure the switch and routing functions of selected modules at the press of a button. Additionally, the user can change any of these presets to suit their own preferences.
- Available in three Frame Sizes: 32-, 40- and 48-module frames that provide, respectively, up to 64, 80 and 96 inputs at mixdown. Each frame configuration can be "short-loaded." Each Status also includes a comprehensive metal TT jack patchbay in a single-normalized configuration.
- Flexible Solo Modes: Three solo modes are available - Mono AFL, Mono PFL and Stereo Solo-In-Place. (Solo can be additive, interlocked or momentary.) A global Solo Clear and Defeat are also provided.
- Comprehensive Digital Metering and Status Indication: Each input module includes a 16-segment digital audio level meter and a status display that can be used for audio-level and track-assignment display. (Selection of the these meters functions is carried out via the DMM.) Peak or VU display is also available.
- Electronically balanced Mic, Line, Tape and Monitor Inputs, plus Track, Aux, Mix and Monitor Outputs.
- Options include Stereo Input Modules; Dynamics, factory-fitted into Mix Path; and Moving Faders, factory-fitted onto Lower Fader bank.
Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.