|PD-80 8ch Digital Audio Disk Recorder/Editor|
|This product has been discontinued.|
|The SVGA color monitor display must be provided by the customer.|
The Otari PD-80 is an 8-channel (magneto-optical) disc recorder suitable for film/video post-production environments, theaters, and TV/radio broadcast studios. All record, playback and editing operations are performed via the dedicated full-function remote control unit CB-164, and are displayed in a track window (or GUIDE, Graphic User Interface for Digital Editing) on an SVGA video monitor connected to the PD-80.
Based on the combination of the drives, the PD-80 series are provided in the following three models:
- PD-80 = 3.5" MO drive x 1
- PD-80W = 3.5" MO drive x 2
- PD-80H = 3.5" MO drive x 1, Hard disk drive x 1
- Users can perform both assemble recording and insert punch-in/out recording in a simple and intuitive way just as with multitrack tape machines but with greater accuracy and flexibility.
- Flexible scroll operation in the track and list windows.
- 16 levels of undo/redo
- Dedicated remote control unit CB-164. One CB-164 can also control a maximum of eight PD-80s (64 channels).
- On screen easy system setup.
- Sampling frequencies: 48 kHz, 47.952 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 44.056 kHz, 32 kHz
- External sync sources: VIDEO, DIGITAL IN, WORD, FRAME, etc.
- Automated Punch In/Out
- Fade in/out at each edit point
- 100 locate points and 5 direct locate keys. All locate points can be named.
- 8-channel LED peak meter (16 dots + OVER) with peak hold
- Event manipulations available: Move, Copy, Cut, Erase, Slip, Delete, Gate, Split, Merge and parameter adjustments (Event In, Event Out, Sync Offset, Fade In, Fade Out, Level).
- Project manipulations: Copy, Delete, Start Time.
- Library cue manipulations: Move, Copy, Delete, parameter adjustments.
- Waveform indication on audio events in the track display.
- Shuttle, Jog, and ±12.5% pitch control in Record or Play.
- Offline DSP processing: time compression/expansion, pitch shift and reverse.
- Two external remote control terminals, GP I/O and serial I/O, are provided as standard.
- Message Output: At a preset time in a program (or project), a message signal is supplied from the GP I/O.
- Additional disk drive connected to the SCSI interface can be used as a library.
- Headphone output terminals on both the main unit and remote control unit.
- Integrated timecode reader/generator
- VTR control feature for controlling a VTR transport
- Chase synchronization without the need for any optional boards.
- Two programmed playback features for broadcasting, etc.
- Two quick play (instant playback) features for stages, theatres, etc.
- 8-Channel digital audio I/O (optional)