|PD-20 2ch MO Disc Recorder/Editor|
|This product has been discontinued.|
The Otari PD-20 is an 2-channel magneto-optical disc recorder/editor suitable for film/video post-production environments, theaters, and TV/radio broadcast studios. Although the PD-20 can provide basic recorder/editor functions without adding any assisting devices, by connecting the optional CB-170 remote controller and a VGA video monitor connected to the PD-20, the operator can access all the functions of the PD-20.
- Two record/playback tracks and two playback tracks.
- Users can perform both assemble recording and insert punch-in/out recording in a simple and intuitive way just as with tape machines but with greater accuracy and flexibility.
- Flexible scroll operation in the track and list windows.
- 16 levels of undo/redo.
- Optional, dedicated full-function remote control unit CB-170 is available.
- On screen easy system setup.
- Sampling frequencies: 48 kHz, 47.952 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 44.056 kHz, 32 kHz
- External sync clock sources: VIDEO, DIGITAL IN, WORD.
- Automated Punch In/Out
- Fade in/out at each edit point
- 100 locate points and 5 direct locate keys. All locate points can be named.
- 2-channel LED peak meter (20 dots + OVER) with peak hold.
- Event manipulations available: Move, Copy, Cut, Erase, Slip, Delete, Gate, Split, Merge and parameter adjustments (Event In, Event Out, Sync Offset, Fade In, Fade Out, Level).
- Project manipulations: Copy, Delete, Start Time.
- Library cue manipulations: Move, Copy, Delete, parameter adjustments.
- Waveform indication on audio events in the track display.
- Shuttle, Jog and ±12.5% pitch control in Record or Play.
- Offline DSP processing: time compression/expansion, pitch shift and reverse.
- Two external remote control terminals, GP I/O and serial I/O, are provided as standard.
- Message Output: At a preset time in a program (or project), a message signal is supplied from the GP I/O.
- Additional disk drive connected to the SCSI interface can be used as a library.
- Headphone output terminals on both the main unit and remote control unit.
- Integrated timecode reader/generator
- Chase synchronization (LTC, VITC) without the need for any optional boards.
- Programmed playback feature suitable for broadcasting
- Quick play feature suitable for theatres and halls.
- Time Advanced Record feature: Starts recording a few seconds before the button operation.