|LW-55 Optical Wiring System|
|This product has been discontinued.|
The Otari Lightwinder LW-55 is a multichannel audio and data transmission system for sending multiple signals over long distances via optical cables. With modules for MIC AMP, A/D, D/A AES/EBU input/output, the LW-55 can be custom configured for any application. LW-55 transmits up to 64 channels of 24-bit, 96-kHz digital audio signals in each direction. All of these features can be completely controlled and monitored by the control software.
- Up to 64 channels of 24-bit 96-kHz audio signals: The LW-55 accepts external word clock signals at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, or 96 kHz.
- Transmission Length: The optical fiber cables between two units can be extended up to 1.5 km and the transmission length can be extended up to 22.5 km with a maximum of 16 units connected.
- Dual Transmission Lines, Dual Power Supply: The LW-55 units are connected by dual transmission lines and each unit has dual power supplies for fault-tolerant and redundant operation.
- Other Features
- Fiber-optic transmission impervious to RFI/EMI interferences
- Connectivity of up to 16 units
- 8 Slots for signal processing modules
- Fiber-optic cables weigh much less than multi-pair cables, making it much easier to install or transport.
- Exchangeable Signal Processing Modules
- Mic Clipping Indication
- Built-in Test Oscillator
- External Synchronization with Word Clock
- Remote Level and Routing Control
- Remote Power Supply Status Monitoring