The Otari ADS-72 is a stand-alone system that can perform format conversion and distribution of audio signals flexibly by combining various I/O modules for the LWB series.
Signal routing can be done from the front panel of the unit and also from optional controlling/monitoring GUI software Lightwinder Commander V2 (LwcV2) for LWB system.
With the matrix function same as the LWB unit, the ADS-72 can set crosspoint mapping freely and supports the COMM. and MADI I/F modules. It can also be used as a stand-alone commentary I/O or MADI router.
- Base Unit: 3RU rack-mountable chassis (number of module slots = 9)
- Versatility/Expandability: The ADS-72 utilizes ample cards/modules for LWB series. In addition to audio I/O, the ADS-72 supports intercom I/O (2W and 4W) and LWB commentary & communication system.
- Redundant Power Supply: The ADS-72 equips two power supply units. Alarm output contacts are also provided.
- Adapts to Various Fields: Central controlling using GUI control software LwcV2 for the LWB system and turnkey system operation without LwcV2 (PC) are possible. Useful features such as the headphone terminal for monitoring, error display, etc.are implemented to facilitate operation in the field.
External View and Connectable I/O Modules
Configration Example with Front Connection Type Modules
|MIC IN [CB-7AZC, XLR, 4ch]||LINE IN [CB-7AXC, XLR, 4ch]|
|AES3id IN [CB-7BAC, BNC, 4ch]||LINE OUT [CB-7AYC, XLR, 4ch]|
|AES3id OUT [CB-7BBC, BNC, 4ch]||AES3 IN/OUT [CB-7BRC, XLR, 2ch/2ch]|
|4W INTERCOM [CB-7BNC, XLR, 2ch]||COMM. [CB-7BXA, EtherCon]|
Configuration Example with Rear Connection Type Modules
|LINE IN [CB-79JA, D-sub 25, 8ch]||MIC IN [CB-79LA, D-sub 25, 4ch]|
|AES3 IN [CB-79MB, D-sub 25, 8ch]||AES3id IN [CB-79MA, BNC, 8ch]|
|LINE OUT [CB-79KA, D-sub 25, 8ch]||AES3 OUT [CB-79NB, D-sub 25, 8ch]|
|AES3id OUT [CB-79NA, BNC, 8ch]||AES3 IN/OUT [CB-7BSB, D-sub 25, 4ch/4ch]|
|AES3id IN/OUT [CB-7BSA, BNC, 4ch/4ch]||2W INTERCOM [CB-79PA, Single Ch, XLR+D-sub 25, 2ch]|
|2W INTERCOM [CB-7BMB, Dual/Single Ch, XLR+D-sub 25, 2ch]||4W INTERCOM [CB-7BPA, D-sub 25, 2ch]|
|COMM. [CB-7BYA, EtherCon]||MADI IF. [CB-7CMA, Multi mode]|
|MADI IF. [CB-7CMB, Rear Single mode]|
Note that the two leftmost slots are used by the system.
- Max. number of analog audio channels: 72
- Number of slots for audio I/O modules: 9
- Power consumption: 1.6-0.6 A
- Net weight (without modules): 5.95 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 482 x 132 x 330 mm
- Number of system channels (incl. intercom channels): 256 (fs 48 kHz) or 128 (fs 96 kHz)
- Sample rate, number of quantization bits: 96 kHz or 48 kHz, 24 bits
- External synchronization: 2 x BNC. 48/96 kHz wordclock, 48/96 kHz AES3id ref. clock, video BB
- Headphone output: 1 x 1/4" stereo phone jack
- Host (PC) connection: Serial (via USB connector)
- Power supply: 100-240 VAC, single phase 50/60 Hz. Power input via two AC power cables
- Operating environment (temperature): -10 to +50 °C (Max. +40 °C when using with commentary system. Min. 0°C for Cold-starting. Avoid direct sunlight)
Specifications are subject to change without notice.